THE TEN PRINCIPLES FOR A GLOBAL RATIONAL WORLDHUMANISM CODE FOR GLOBAL ETHICS:
1. DIGNITY: Proclaim the natural dignity and inherent worth of all human beings.
2. RESPECT: Respect the life and property of others.
3. TOLERANCE: Be tolerant of others belief and life styles
4. SHARING: Share with those who are less fortunate and assist those who are in need of help.
5. NO DOMINATION: Do not dominate through lies or otherwise.
6. NO SUPERSTITION: Rely on Reason, Logic and Science to understand the universe and to solve life’s problems.
7. CONSERVATION: Conserve and improve the Earths natural environment.
8. NO WAR: Resolve differences and conflicts without resorting to war or violence.
9. DEMOCRACY: Rely on political and economic democracy to organize human affairs.
10. EDUCATION: Develop one’s intelligence and talents through education and effort.
Kasese united humanist association (KUHA) is a registered community based organization set up on the Foundation of Humanism and Science.
We are committed to promoting free thought and science in our communities and are advocating for a secular society, a just world free from dogma and indoctrination.
The library is located on plot 31 matebere road – kiteso upper and in stock is a variety of book resources on Humanism, Science and Free thought.
We run a Public library and a Humanist school called kilembe valley humanist primary school situated in katiri village in kilembe Sub County.
We are engaged in activities in the fields of Education, Environment, Human rights and Sustainable Agricultural Development.
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
- Humanists donot believe in a Supernatural or god or gods.
- Humanists donot believe in hell or heavens.
- Humanists donot have a holy book.
- Humanists donot believe in spirits.
- Humanists donot believe in souls as well.
- Humanists donot believe in after life or eternal life.
- Humanists donot perform rituals or sacrifices.
- Humanists donot have a prophet,apostle or pastors and believe not in divines.
- Humanism is not a religion and has no resemblance with religions.
- Humanists only believe in things which are real practical and seen backed with evidence.
- Humanists strongly supports application of science and technology.
- Humanists believe in dessimination of knowledge to fight illiteracy.
- Humanists are determined to fight all forms of injustices inflicted on man kind worldwide.
- Humanists strongly supports democracy and Human rights observance by people and nations.
- Humanists are free people who welcomes each and every person to Free inquiry on any issues.
- Humanist advocate for a good life for all human beings rather than suffering for this short time we have here on earth.
- Humanists believes in Reasoning and use of the brain to its full potential.
- Humanists highly respects nature and its beauty,We need to conserve and protect the environment.
- Humanists respects other organisms,animals need be protected and not endangered.
- Humanists believe we humans have a duty to live in harmony,peaceful with other
humans we share with this planet.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
BETTER BELONG TO A COMMUNITY OF FREE THINKERS
JOIN THE HUMANIST MOVEMENT AND BECOME PART OF PEOPLE WITH A FREE
MIND FREE FROM DOGMA AND INDOCTRINATION.
Join Kasese united humanist association and stand chance to know more about
HUMANISM and SCIENCE that is taking the world by storm.
Lets join hands as we advocate for a secular society in Uganda and Africa in
Contact our association at:
Kasese united humanist association
Plot 31 Matebere road, Kiteso-Upper
P.O.Box 58 Kasese
Uganda - East Africa
Web address: www.kaseseunitedhumanistassociation.blogspot.com
1. What should you do, in order to be ‘good’ or ‘do what’s right’?
You should try to lead a full and happy life without harming others. One way to do
this is to help other people to do the same.
2. Who or what tells you what is right or wrong?
You use human nature to decide what is right and wrong. There is no god or holy
book to turn to.
Why should you try to do what is right?
The use of reason and empathy helps us live well together in groups.
Those who care about others and act on it usually have better relationships and more fulfilling lives - they are happier.
Is there any way in which bad actions are punished and good actions rewarded, like
karma, reincarnation, heaven or hell?
The world is full of injustice - but being good and trying to do the right thing.
generally helps you live happily with other people.
There is no life after death. We should make the best of the one life we know
We should try to make the world a better place, because we can empathize with the suffering of others. Any rewards and punishments we may receive are here and now.